TOP GEOTECHNICAL INDUSTRY ORGANIZATIONS COMBINE FOR TRADE SHOW AND CONFERENCES
The Industrial Fabrics Association International (IFAI) and Geo-Institute of the American Society of Civil Engineers announced that the Geotechnical Frontiers 2017 conference and trade show will be held March 12-15, 2017 at the Hyatt Regency Orlando, Orlando, FL. This is the third edition of the popular co-organized event combining the annual GeoCongress and bi-annual Geosynthetics conferences. This event was known as Geofrontiers.
The Geotechnical Frontiers 2017 theme is Innovation and Collaboration in Technology and Practice, and attendees will see a large array of all the major new developments in geotechnical engineering and technologies. The conference spans four days of technical programming including short courses, training lectures, workshops, panel discussions, technical paper sessions, plenary lectures and receptions.
Garrett Dutson, PE, Energy Solutions, LLC discussed the value of attending and participating in Geotechnical Frontiers: “My experience as a first-time technical paper presenter at the Geofrontiers 2011 conference was very rewarding and a highlight of my professional life. The conference provides first class experience and education and the venues are conducive to learning, sharing ideas and networking. These opportunities to meet and learn from global geotechnical leaders have benefited my company and should benefit the public we serve for generations.”
An esteemed advisory conference committee has been established and includes:
- Elizabeth Dwyre, PE, DGE, MASCE, Parsons Brinckeroff, Inc., Program Committee Co-chair
- Jorge Zornberg, PhD, PE, University of Texas at Austin Technical, Program Committee Co-chair
- Thomas L Brandon, PhD, PE, Virginia Tech, Technical Program Committee Co-chair
- Rick Valentine, PE, Valentine Engineering Assoc., Inc., Technical Program Committee Co-chair
- Jie Han, PhD, PE, University of Kansas, Conference Advisor
- Robert Mackey, PE, S2L, Inc., Conference Advisor
- Jennifer McKay, TenCate Geosynthetics, Exhibit Chair
- David Suits, NAGS, Short Course Chair
- Aaron Budge, PE, Minnesota State, Mankato, Student Activities Chair
- Robert Schweinfurth, Director, Geo-Institute
- Barbara Connett, Secretary General, Industrial Fabrics Association International
Exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities will be available starting the Summer of 2015 to companies that market geotechnical products and services. More information can be found on the event website or by contacting Steve Schiffman.
Geotechnical Frontiers 2017 is organized by the Industrial Fabrics Association International‘s Geosynthetic Materials Association and the American Society of Civil Engineer’s Geo-Institute and is supported by the North American Geosynthetics Societyunder the auspices of the International Geosynthetics Society.
Online registration will begin Fall 2016. For more information visit geotechnicalfrontiers.org.
Submission for Topic, Session, Short Course and Panel Discussion open October, 2015.
Abstract submissions open December, 2015.
Questions? Contact Barbara Connett, Secretary General.